Wednesday, January 10, 2007

a matter of time...

The year has just changed, it is now 2007.. not 2006 anymore... better get used to it, mates.

And it's already day 10 of this new year, believe it or not. Astaghfirullahalzim, man... wasn't that quick??

Speaking of time, there are some interesting things that occured to me in these couple of days... all about time. Yesterday i needed to call an old friend, she's in Indonesia. Working. And because of the time difference between Sydney and Sampit (the place where she's working), i decided to wait until it was dark here in Sydney. I certainly didn't want to disturb her by calling during working hours.

At 20.40 AEDT (Australian East Daylight-savings Time?), i called her... and guess what... she was still at work. Pff... i forgot. During summer like this, AEDT is 4 hours ahead of WIB, not 3 hours as it used to be during the rest of the year.

This afternoon, i had a chat with Adhika. We talked about that all this time difference is sometimes weird. It's already a bit unusual for us to have magrib very late (8 pm in Sydney), so how strange can it be, suppose human beings live in some other planet where each day has 28 hours??

Hmm... this reminds me to some silly thing that happened early this summer. It was the first week of daylight savings. You know that we have friday prayers starting at 1.15pm at the Uni? Okay. When the daylight savings started, i added one hour to all prayer times that i am already accustomed to... at that time, of course. So for example, subuh was usually 3 am, now becomes 4 am. Magrib that used to be 6.30pm, then became 7.30 pm. And so on, and so forth. And bad luck for me, i did that same principle to friday's prayer time: i went out from my lab to go to the Jumatan at 2pm. It was wrong!!! Friday prayer's time was carefully chosen at 1.15 pm so that it need not change throughout the year!!! And stupid me... cause I already knew this before. Somehow, i just forgot. Unconsciously, but.

One more thing... still about time. Today, i was considering to resign ASAP from my part time job at Woolworths. I felt that i have not been working the enough hours for the more important thing: my thesis. I work 16 hours per week at Woolworths, and i am supposed to work 40 hours per week on my thesis, that's 8 hours of thesis work per day. Alright, so if i sleep 8 hours per day, and working on my thesis also for 8 hours each day, then i should have 8 hours remaining for my other activities. Hmm... that's not little... So, if i work 5 hours per shift at woolworths, i should still have 3 hours left to do something else. Okay, minus transport time, say... 40 minutes, just make it 1 hour. That leaves me with 2 hours to eat, taking shower, prepare brekky+lunch+dinner, go shopping, killing time, playing games, watching tv, chatting, blogging. That's not enough, ay?;)

But it ought to be enough. I was there once. Two years ago, I was working full time at two places... and it did work. I wonder how i managed my time those days... wow...

Hmm.. the worst problem i have now is that my thesis is running late, it's behind schedule. I need to catch up, and perhaps 8 hours per day for my thesis is not enough?

Alright, that's enough. No more time to waste.

4 Comments:

Blogger zube said...

kang irfan,

blog sampeyan...mengandung virus nie...masak setiap kali aku buka blod eh blog irfansumantri.blogspot.com si avira nie ngedeteck virus mlulu seh...wah wah...gak betul itu...
^^

3:56 pm  
Blogger Endah Retnowati said...

jeng zube, ditambah dong pasukan antivirusnya...

buat irfan, sukses utk thesisnya. aku skrg juga off temporaryly di coles.

4:09 pm  
Blogger Aya Nurdin said...

Hayooo...kuatkan hati, teguhkan iman. Thesis tiiiiiiime......^_^
Yang semanat ya....

10:46 pm  
Blogger Irfan said...

blog ku ada virusnya? hmm... kira2 dari file apa ya? ada yg bs bantu?

mbak endah, aya, terima kasih... ^:)^

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home