Thursday, January 12, 2006

Don't Talk To Strangers (?)




















I recalled my school always taught me not to talk to strangers. We even got this cute colouring book with cartoons in it, and the topic of the book was: "Don't talk to strangers!!!".

These are some rules you can give to your child:

"If anyone old who's wearing sunglasses with a hook on his left hand and wears a smelly coat approaches you, he's a stranger, sweetheart. Don't talk to him. Just run for your life"

"Anyone big who offers you candies, sweeties, lollies, gelatos, ice cream, or toys, and you don't know who on earth the person is, then that person must be a stranger. No matter how nice the person is, the person is a stranger, Love. Just scream and run away, kid"


"Never talk to strangers, unless the person is a cop, or a ranger, or a security guard with lovely uniforms, or your new teacher at school, or your new classmates. Get it?"


Ridicolous it may seem, but this simple rule of "no talking to strangers" is a very important rule. Not only is it life-saving for children, it can also be applied in our daily "adult" life.

For instance, banks would never give loans to someone they are not sure of who they were. Someone who wants to travel to Australia must be able to show that they have more than a minimum amount of money in their account in order to apply for a visa. An employer would probably prefer a candidate recommended by a friend instead of a complete stranger. It's all a matter of trust.

Suppose one day somebody comes to your house and says, "Excuse me, I am from Sukoharjo. I just got robbed. My credit card, mobile phone, wallet, everything. They're all gone. Can you lend me some money. I promise i'll pay you back tomorrow. "

What whould you do in such a situation?

a. "Oh poor guy, please come in to my house. Let me cook Cap Jay and Bubur Ayam for you. Come.. come..."

b. "Sorry, if you don't have any permission from the RT, i can't do anything for you. Hey, why don't you come to the RT? Her house is just down there"

c. "Get lost, lazy old man!"

d. "Oh gosh. How much money do you need? One juta? Two juta? No worries, i've got plenty of money"


(Yup, the format of this entry is influenced by Momon's blog :D)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one juta?two juta?
hayahhh... opo to kuwi.... :D

7:20 pm  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home