Thursday, June 05, 2008

About the Monas incident

I agree that ahmadiyah is not Islam, and they should detach themselves from any Islamic symbols.

I agree that FPI's cause, in which they want the above statement to be enforced, is in line with the view of majority Indonesian muslims.

However, I also agree with the views held by AKKBB that freedom of faith should always be honoured in this free country of ours, including giving respect to those who call themselves followers of the ahmadiyah sect.

I've heard some people saying that AKKBB endorses the view that all religions and faiths are the same. I strongly oppose to such beliefs, because as a muslim, i am totally committed to this religion, and believe that other religions are wrong.

But,

But this does not mean that I have to oppose people who practices other religion or faiths.

For this reason, I blame FPI for whatever they've done, no matter what reasons they have.

And I do not blame AKKBB for expressing their views.

From what i've read in the news, all i know is that AKKBB only wants to remind us all that we should respect everyone equally despite their religions and faith.

And from what i've read, i could not come to the conclusion that some people accuses of, that AKKBB actually endorses the ahmadiyah belief. I couldn't find this fact, so

I am not in opposition with AKKBB.

(but if they do endorse the belief itself, instead of merely respecting its followers, it might be a totally different story)

And I am in opposition with FPI, for the unlawful violences they've caused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home