Saturday, April 12, 2008

My government made me did something stupid

A couple of days ago I had some trouble logging in to my commonwealth netbanking account because apparently the bank blocked access to it. This led me to think at least two (make it three) possible reasons:
(1) i might have tried to login with the wrong password three times in a row. <-- impossible because i didnt do it.
(2) somebody else might have did it.
(3) somebody else might have illegaly gained access to my netbanking account, and withdrew all the money in it!!! <-- though less likely, it did worry me a lot!

On the same day, the bank sent me an email requesting me to call them by phone. They wanted me to confirm my recent transactions,

which i did on the next day. I called them using an XL bebas sim card and costed me only Rp5000 for a 10-minutes call! (so cheap ^_^).

After confirming my identity (through a long list of identification questions: name, dob, phone number, keycard number, last transaction dates), they told me that they blocked access to my account because the last login attempt was done through an unsecured bypass proxy.

Phuff...

I would never have used a bypass proxy if the government didn't block access to youtube and multiply in the first place!!! :-(
(the reason why they did this has something to do with the fitna movie. the fact that the government did block access to youtube & multiply shocks me more than the fitna movie itself!)

Yup. I was stupid. I should never ever again use any unsecured proxies to access vital and important websites potentially revealing my private informations.

note: access to youtube and multiply was restored yesterday. thanks, pak menkominfo...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ups..

*innocent mode ON

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home