Thursday, August 31, 2006

Can anybody help me with this problem of mine??

Yesterday, two friends of mine went back to Indonesia, for good. They have completed their study here, and as agreed on the scholarship contract, they will have to return upon completion of their studies. I asked them how they felt about leaving Australia. They had mixed feelings: happy and sad. Happy because the torture of postgrad studies have now ended and they are soon to see their families again, but also sad since they still enjoy living in Australia.

Now, here comes my problem. I was born in Jogja. That's in Indonesia. And when i was still a kid, so young enough that i couldn't remember a thing about it, my parents brought me to Sydney, Australia.

So suddenly i was in Australia. As far as i can remember, i was already in Australia. And we lived there (or should i say, here :D) for 5 years, after which we all flew back to Indonesia, my beautiful and so beloved country. And by the time i arrived in Indonesia, i could not speak my own language, and completely lost all my friends back in Sydney.

So... now the problem i have is... i have this fear of leaving this country, Australia, once more. It happened to me once, and i sure didn't like it at all. Just to make you understand how i felt back then, i will show you here a commercial from Qantas which plays a song called "I still call australia home". It had already been broadcasted on television when i was still at Primary School, around 18 years ago, and a newer version of it still being played today:



Even my older brother used to tell me that we would come back to Australia again.

Anyone can help me to get rid of this feeling? A feeling which says i still call australia home?? Because one day i will definitely leave this country, again, for a long time... (hopefully not too long though, amin)

--sorry, this is another stupid post--
*youtube video from fabulously (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1jm9aFez7w)

1 Comments:

Blogger Marek Bialoglowy said...

I come from Poland, but I've been living in Indonesia for more than 5 years and I consider Indonesia as my current home, but this may change anytime. Thus, I think it's just best to relax and enjoy the place you happend to live in. There is something interesting and enjoyable about each contry and Indonesia is definitely very enjoyable country to live in.

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home