Saturday, March 04, 2006

My name

Some of you would probably be curious about my blog's url, why did i use "irfan sumantri" while my actual name is "astria nur irfansyah". Some of you guys would even probably have "Irfan Sumantri" as my name on your Yahoo Messenger list. This is the story.

As far as i can remember, i did try to claim irfan.blogspot.com. But of course, somebody already took it. I think someone even took irfansyah.blogspot.com as well. So, i made my blog with "nurirfansyah.blogspot.com" as its name.

But at that time, my posting was much more boring than it is today (i'm not saying that my posts now isn't boring, it's just a bit better now i suppose :D). Getting a bit tired of my first ugly blog, i tried something new, a new blog with my "other" popular name.

When i was a kid, i thought my name was "Irfan Sumantri" instead of "Astria Nur Irfansyah". I used this name when i was in Kindergarten. Sometimes when my teacher got a bit angry or annoyed because of me, she called me with "Mr. Sumantri". Sumantri is my father's name. In Australia, as in most western countries, it is common to have a surname, and "Sumantri" was my surname :)

Now about the word "Irfan". If you had never heard this kind of name before, a normal english speaker would pronounce it something like "erfen" or even "erwin" ;) And now, only Robert, my next door, calls me with that pronunciation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home